Ish Kumar Jain
Electrical Engineering, New York University
Welcome to my Home Page.
I am from India and currently pursuing my Masters in Electrical Engineering from New York University, Tandon School of Engineering. I have interests in the field of Wireless Communications and Networking.
I graduated from IIT Kanpur, India in 2016, where I completed my B.Tech in Electrical Engineering. My undergraduate thesis is on Rendezvous Algorithms for Cognitive Radio Networks.
I have taken the following Relevant Courses.
Courses at NYU:
Probability and Stochastic Processes
Internet Architecture and Protocols
Communications and Networking:
Principles of Communication
Digital Communication Networks
Topics in Distributed Systems
Signal Processing & Robotics:
Signals, Systems & Networks
Digital Signal Processing
Statistical Signal Processing
Selected Topics in Image Processing
Probabilistic Mobile Robotics
Statistics and Algorithms:
Probability and Statistics
Statistical & AI Techniques in Data Mining
Data Structures and Algorithms
Fundamentals of Computing
I have been involved in the following interesting Projects.
Research Project on Wireless Communication
Topic: "Analysis of MIMO Two-Way Decode-and-Forward Relay Network with Finite Feedback"
Supervisor: Dr. A. K. Chaturvedi, Department of Electrical Engineering, IIT Kanpur.
- Analysed the recent work on MIMO Two-Way Amplify-and-Forward Relay Network with Finite Feedback.
- Studied, in detail, the MIMO Y Channels, its Precoding Design, Mapping and Diversity Gain.
- Implemented Precoder selection criterion and Signal Space Alignment Techniques on Two-Way Decode-and-Forward Protocols.
- Achieved Improvement in Diversity and reduced Symbol Error Rate(SER) verified by simulations.
- Currently working on closed form mathematical expression for SER and Outage Probability.
Chameo (A colour Sensing and production device)
Electronics Club IIT Kanpur
Published : "Study of use of Water based Solvent in Ink Homogenization."
International Journal of Engineering Research & Technology. Vol. 3 - Issue 7, July 2014.
- Studied the colour homogenization and its production with the use of water based solvent, through experiments.
- Fabricated a device which can sense and produce same colour using different proportion of CMYK ink and solvent.
Self Balancing Platform
Electronics Club IIT Kanpur
- Made a platform which is balanced horizontally with the help of three motors, irrespective of the movement of the base at the bottom.
- Used an accelerometer and gyroscope based IMU to get the feedback of the tilt of platform and processed the signal in an Arduino Mega.
- Applied PID control and kalman filter algorithm to stabilise the platform obtained by precise movement of servos in real time
2 Metrotech Centre, 9th Floor, 9.131. Brooklyn, New York, NY, 12001.
Mail Id: ishjain [at] nyu.edu | Phone: +1 (347)-570-2502